We’re pleased to announce the release of Grill version 1.5 for Opscode Chef! And it’s FREE!
- New customizable reports
- Backporting Chef alert system to CycleServer core
- Greatly improved performance for large data sets
- Hosts are now removed after a certain amount of inactivity
But we have a dirty secret: we don’t have a publicly available cookbook to install it.
We know, we know. We wrote a chef report visualization tool that can handle several thousand nodes all converging at once but we don’t have an installer cookbook.
Well, we do actually have an installer, but it’s tightly-coupled to CycleCloud and we just haven’t had time to make a rock-solid generally-useful cookbook.
So we’d like to announce the Grill Recipe Challenge. Write an awesome Grill cookbook and we’ll send you a CycleComputing Mug and T-shirt. Here’s the simple rules:
- Submit your cookbook to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Release your cookbook under the Apache license.
- We’ll accept entries until 11:59 PM PST on June 12th 2012.
- We’ll pick the best one and send the winner a sweet Cycle mug and T-shirt
- (our decisions are final! ;)
So if you need to explore Chef converge data, download Grill today, kick the tires, write an awesome cookbook, and win fabulous prizes... :D